Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Rushing, Rushing....

This morning, I walked to work. Around noon, I walked home. I got in my car and drove to a job interview. That went long, and so when I walked out of the monstrous complex of government buildings where the interview was conducted, I contemplated my next move.

I had an appointment to see my mother's doctor, to discuss the kooky factor. But the interview had gone into overtime and I doubted I could make the doctor appointment. Still, I decided, I'll try.

I failed. When I showed up, breathless and windswept and grumpy from the traffic, the clock in the reception area indicated I was 1/2 hour late. They rescheduled me for another attempt next week.

I drove straight to the liquor store and bought an expensive bottle of wine.

I feel like my life is mainly comprised of rushing about, here and there, and mainly on other people's account.

At least I wasn't at a loss for words during the interview. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment