Wednesday, June 16, 2010

It's Kooky!

Today, the phone rang. I answered.

Me: "Hello?"

Voice: "Huh? Who is...Huh? I mean, whaaaa....oh. I think I have the wrong number."

Me: "Oh, OK, that's..."

Voice: (Strident, aggressive tone) "WHO is this?"

By this point, I've recognized Doris' voice (Anthony's mother).

Me: "Delia."

Voice: "Delia! What day is it?"

Me: "Wednesday."

Voice: "Are you coming here with Sarah and Jake?"

Me: "I don't know any Sarah and Jake."

Voice: "Uhhhhhh. What? Delia? WHICH Delia is this?"

Me: (thinking, "how many Delias do you know?") "Anthony's Delia."

Voice: (Hysterical laughter). "Oh my! I thought it was the other Delia!!!"

Me: "Ha."

Voice: "The reason I'm calling is that I lost my key."

Me: "That's not good."

Voice: "Oh, you sound so young!"

Me: "I wish I felt young."

Voice: "Tom is here, you know."

Me: "That's so nice." ( I have no idea who Tom is)

Voice: "Well. Really sorry to bother you."

Me: "Oh no problem. No bother at all. Bye."

Voice: "Bye."

No comments:

Post a Comment