Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Just a Typical Day (Part 2)

My "home office" used to be in the corner of our kitchen. The problem with that location is obvious: once my family came home from school and work, I had no privacy to continue working.

Since Pepper came to live with us, we moved the computer and desk to the upstairs landing at the top of the stairs. The four bedrooms and a bathroom lead off this landing. Obviously, the problem remains: there is no privacy and when everyone gets home at the end of the day, I can't continue to work due to noise, pestering, etc.

However, this location also has another problem: whereas before, in the kitchen, I could work away all day with the only interruptions coming from my mother after she arose (anywhere between 11:30am  and 2pm is her usual range), now that I'm sitting in the hallway right outside her bedroom door, I can't work at all.

That's because she snores like a moose. The decibels are frightening. I seriously CANNOT concentrate.

This is my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment