Sunday, September 21, 2014

So What Now?

So the thing is, as ever, life goes on.

And there is nothing more annoying, or self-defeating,than a whinger. Someone who goes on about how others have hampered them. OTHERS stood in their way.  Others did this and that blah blah blah...

It is true that you carve your own path, and anyone who says "OH MY! Me mammie held me back, "(or any one else) is just employing excuses.

So that is not what I've been trying to say in my last posts. Whatever I have done, was what I wanted to.

Whatever dysfunctional relationships I've had in the past, which I've continued (not disfunctionally, but continued the relationship at a distance on my terms), I was aware of...and new ones have been largely functional. And happy.

So I go forth...but everything changes. Death brings change and new life. One day I will be able to articulate this better........:)

1 comment:

  1. I only just stumbled on these recent posts. It's true that the picture we paint of our lives on Facebook is very highly edited :)

    My life, like yours, has taken me down a path of putting the needs of others before my own. I am, as a result, in very bad shape financially because of the degree to which others depend on me (the degree to which I have allowed others to depend on me?) financially. I still pay a lot of spousal support to an ex who, for a complex mixture of mental and physical health reasons, will never work enough to fully support himself. My eldest also had health issues which, for the present, make it difficult for her to work full time, so I am subsidizing her living expenses. And my youngest is hoping to be accepted into her dream university program -- in southern Ontario. My strategy at the moment lies somewhere between hoping the money fairy shows up and winning the lottery. Failing that, I am seriously considering selling my condo and moving in with mom. Yet, in spite of all that, I can honestly say that I am happier than I have ever been. I have found that the older I get the less "stuff" I want to be encumbered with.

    Yes, everything changes. Some people find change frightening, but I find it oddly comforting. For me change means that you never have to stay stuck where you are. if my daughter DOES end up in southern Ontario, maybe I will make it close enough to you to engineer a visit. Maybe!

    ReplyDelete